We are BUX Technology B.V., registered in the Netherlands with company number 58403787 whose registered office is at Plantage Middenlaan 62, 1018DH, Amsterdam, the Netherlands (BUX, we, us or our).
Our Community is not directed at children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
- What information do we collect?
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. This does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the Community by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here. Furthermore, we may receive personal data from affiliated companies within the Bux group if you are already registered with an account with such company and we are legally permitted to receive such information.
The information we collect and/or receive from you when you register for an account and use the Community, includes:
- your name, username and e-mail address; and
- other information or feedback you voluntarily provide to us.
You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the email address.
We may also collect personal data automatically when you visit or use the Community, such as data collected through cookies. This includes:
- data about your device and browser type (including IP address and MAC address); and
- data about your use of our Community, such as web pages you have viewed, the hyperlinks you clicked on and websites you visited before you came to our Community
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you.
- What do we use your information for?
We use the personal data that we collect only for specific purposes. Below you find an overview of these purposes, the legal grounds and the retention periods.
|Purpose/activity||Personal data||Legal ground||Retention period|
- Email address
- Other information that you provide to us|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to provide support and respond to your questions and comments)|For the duration of the period during which you have a registered account with our Community and in any event 5 years after your last log-in.|
|To provide our services by enabling you to participate in any conversations, initiate a new conversation and/or respond to messages within the Community.|* Name
- Email address
- Other information that you provide to us|Necessary to perform a contract between you and us (to provide our services)|For the duration of the period during which you are registered on our Community and in any event 5 years after your last log-in.|
|To measure interest in and improve our Community and customise your user experience.|* Data about your use of the Community, such as webpages viewed and hyperlinks you clicked on|Necessary for our legitimate interest (to keep our Community updated and relevant).|For 1 month, unless special circumstances require longer retention of such data (e.g. investigations or technical attacks).|
|To notify you about promotions and special offers, as well as the services we offer that may be of interest to you.|* Name
- Email address|Your consent to receive marketing emails.|Until the moment you withdraw your consent.|
|To administer the Community and diagnose problems, to protect our business, to defend the forum from abuse and diagnose technical errors.|* IP-address
- Browser type and version|Our legitimate interests (for running our business, IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities).|For 1 month, unless special circumstances require longer retention of such data (e.g. investigations or technical attacks).|
- Retention Periods
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are set out in the table in paragraph 2 above.
- How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Access to your personal data is only authorised for people who have a need to know basis to access your personal data. We ensure that the people who can access your personal data are bound by confidentiality obligations.
Our website hosting company Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc. may place cookies on your device, on behalf of us, if you visit the Community. We have set out a list of the cookies, placed on your device, below:.
|Type of cookie||Purpose||Duration|
|Used during account creation||Session|
|destination_url||Used during login to redirect to the requested page||Session|
|sso_destination_url||Used during SSO login to redirect to the requested page||Session|
|fsl||Full screen login client setting||Session|
|theme_key||Client theme personalization. Only used when “Make this my default theme on all my devices” unselected.||Forever|
|cn||Client clear notifications.||Forever|
|_bypass_cache||Used with ‘fsl’ for full screen login||Session|
|_t||User authentication token cookie||1140 hours|
|dosp||Temporary cookie that informs client denial of service protection is in place||Until next page view|
|__profilin||Developer only, used by rack-mini-profiler to bypass work||Session|
|_ga||Google Analytics cookie. Only set if configured to use Google Analytics||2 years|
|_gat||Google Analytics cookie. Only set if configured to use Google Analytics||2 years|
|_gid||Google Analytics cookie. Only set if configured to use Google Analytics||24 hours|
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal data. We may share your personal data with other parties, including:
- affiliated companies within the Bux group, if we are legally obliged to do so and to ensure we process the correct information about you.
- third party service provider Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc., which provides and facilitates services on our behalf.
- third parties, institutions or government agencies, such as the tax authorities, to comply with the law and legal proceedings such as protecting our rights or defend against legal claims.
We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. However, anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third-party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may offer third-party products or services on our Community and include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share personal data about you. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- International transfers
We do not currently transfer your personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Whenever we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- we ensure your personal data is transferred to a country that is deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
Please contact us through the contact information included in clause 10 to receive more information on the safeguards implemented to the transfer of your personal information.
- Your rights
In accordance with applicable law, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request or correct your data if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of your personal data if we do no longer have a lawful basis to use and/or retain such data.
- The right to restrict the processing in certain circumstances, for example if the data has been unlawfully processed or you contest the accuracy of your personal data and we are verifying such accuracy.
- The right to data portability. You may request us to receive the personal data that concerns you. You may also request us to send this personal data to a third party where the processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract between you and us, and the processing is done by automated means.
You can exercise your rights by filing a request by e-mail to email@example.com. We aim to respond to your request within one month after receiving such a request. However, this one month term may be extended with two months. In such event, we will inform you within one month after receipt of your request and explain why the extension is necessary.
- Contact us
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by us, please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) about the way we process your personal data, or any other data protection regulator in the country you reside in. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please contact us in the first instance.
Last updated: 22-04-2021