Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)

Advanced Micro Devices or AMD is a company that operates as a semiconductor worldwide. The company was founded in 1969 and is located in Santa Clara, California. AMD offer products ranging from microprocessors, chipsets, discrete and integrated GPUs, data center and professional GPU’s, development services to technology for game consoles. The company is included in the NASDAQ-100 and S&P 500 and has a market cap of approximately 180 billion dollar (December, 2021).

It’s a company that has grown into a global player achieving many important industry firsts along the way. The vision of the company is formulated as: ‘High performance computing is transforming our lives’ and their mission is: ‘Build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences’.

Over the past years, the companies has build strong partnership with various companies such as Sony, Microsoft, Meta, Tesla, Penguin computing, HP, Dell, Adobe and many more. With showing and annual growth of revenue and earnings, AMD is a growing company. However, they are not the only big company in the industry (semiconductor). Some of the main competitors of AMD are Intel, Qualcomm, NVIDIA and IBM. AMD fused with the graphics processor company ATI (2006), has a partnership and spin-ff in the form of manufacturing and design company GlobalFoundries Co. (2008) and is acquiring technology company Xilinx (waiting to be completed in 2021).

Managament wise, AMD’s key people are:

• Dr. Lisa Su (president and CEO)
  • Mr. Devinder Kumar (CFO & Treasurer)
  • Mr. Mark D. Papermaster (CTO)
  • Mr. Paul Darren Grasby (Chief Sales Officer & Pres of EMEA)

What can we share on here?

• Quarterly and annual results/figures
  • News
  • Price targets and analyst reports
  • Management interviews
  • Other interesting personal viewpoints and discussions
4 Likes

AMD!! :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

My best performer behind Nvidia! :pog_png:

3 Likes

Thanks for the reaction @Mixer :muscle:

It’s one of my favourite and best performing companies in my portfolio!
In my opinion, Lisa Su is doing a great job! The partnership with Meta (and other companies), new powerfull processors and GPU’s, innovation, good fundamentals and growth of the company makes it a great company! Wondering what the future will bring.

4 Likes

I personally think they have an amazing future ahead. In my opinion their GPU’s went from being far worse than Intel, to being better in the span of only 5 years. Which tells me they have great leadership in terms of innovation and fundamentals. And their deals in the last few years also help with the trust of the marketing team. ^^

It also helps that one of their biggest competitor Intel is throwing away so much money into Dividend and marketing, while slowly starting to lack behind the most important part of the tech scene, Innovation.

3 Likes

Thank you for the great piece of content @T.Vleesje :pray:t4: AMD :rocket: :rocket:

3 Likes

Hey @Fergus, thank you for the compliment! Hope it can bring together other AMD fanatics and help other people with information on this company.

2 Likes

:heart: AMD +30% all time at this moment.

2022 first new chips in collaboration with Samsung. GPU by AMD.

4 Likes
4 Likes