Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA)

Alibaba Group Holding Limited, also known as Alibaba Group and Alibaba.com, is a Chinese multinational technology company specializing in e-commerce, retail, Internet, and technology. Founded on 28 June 1999 in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, the company provides consumer-to-consumer (C2C), business-to-consumer (B2C), and business-to-business (B2B) sales services via web portals, as well as electronic payment services, shopping search engines, and cloud computing services. It owns and operates a diverse portfolio of companies around the world in numerous business sectors.

Alibaba is one of the world’s largest retailers and e-commerce companies. In 2020, it was also rated as the fifth-largest artificial intelligence company. It is also one of the biggest venture capital firms, and one of the biggest investment corporations in the world

What can we share and discuss in this topic?

• News
  • Quarterly and annual figures
  • Management interviews
  • Analyst reports and price targets
  • Market developments regarding the company

5 Likes

Warren Buffet would be proud of me if he’d knew how greedy I currently am for BABA.

3 Likes

Inderdaad

1 Like

Best company in China, right? Anyone else invested?

BABA’s numbers compared to Amazon:
BABA

AMZN

1 Like

Just keep in mind that IF the Evergrande situation gets worse, Alibaba’s stock will likely be falling A LOT harder than amazon stock.

And to top that of, If the Chinese government feels like putting in a few more regulatory crackdowns on a whim It could hurt Alibaba a lot (like it did in the last year).

That being said, Personally I feel like Chinese stocks are always going to more of a risk in comparison, because of the extreme government (And to top it off the evergrande situation now), which is why I stay clear from them (I also dont have amazon atm btw).

But where there is higher risk, there might be higher reward! Just wanted to warn that, in my humble opinion, the risk is definitely higher for Alibaba stock at the moment.

3 Likes

Alibaba numbers are not in dollars but in CNY. Don’t forget! But I’m also a strong believer in Alibaba. The valuation and growth are great!

5 Likes

Surely agree with @Mixer that Chinese stocks are high(er) risk. We can even doubt if we can trust the numbers coming from Chinese companies. I do think $BABA is one of the safest choices tho. In my opinion Chinese government does not have a lot to gain by crushing the company.

3 Likes

Thanks for the video you made about Alibaba @Frisoke :pray:t4:

4 Likes

Ye it is probably is one of the safer ones.

And I do sort of agree with the above, however, It still is rather strange that the CEO went missing for 4 months just after criticizing the Chinese government (from October 2020-Jan 2021). And whether you believe it was forced by the government or simply Jack Ma trying to lay low, It still is pretty clear, in my opinion, that the Chinese government choses public order OVER economic wealth of companies. which makes it a higher risk for investors.

But hey, like I said before, High risk, high reward! I am fairly sure that the stock will grow IF the Chinese government gives it green light (unlike last year :sweat_smile:).

4 Likes

Thank you for the mention! Hopefully it’s a helpful video!:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Chinese stocks are ofcourse higher risk but they are also very low because of that. IMO China is a choice not a must. Baba is a safe choice IMO and they are valued way cheaper then Amazon or something like that.

4 Likes

Helemaal mee eens!

4 Likes

What are people’s current view on BABA? Did anything chance in your opinion?

I know it is a personal opinion but for now i don’t see anything coming which will change the current trend, or is it just me? $132 right now is cheap but i am just not sure yet to buy.

3 Likes

Personally I think that BABA is a waiting game. They are growing annually and have strong fundamentals. I think the downwards trend will hold on for a bit, but on the long term it will bounce up, are my expectations. Can’t really predict anything with the Chinese stocks to be honest :smile: . I am just holding right now, waiting and waiting…

4 Likes

I currently have a “tripple” position in BABA and building one in Tencent as well. Market sentiment is very negative but the causes are transitionary in nature.

Very strong company which is still growing very well.

4 Likes

In my opinion from FA point of view it’s a buy all day, def if you don’t have position in BABA yet. TA-wise it’s a falling knife at this point and you might want to be careful to try and catch.

1 Like

HANGZHOU, China, December 08, 2021–Alibaba Group today announced that it will host a virtual 2021 Investor Day on December 16-17, 2021 China Standard Time.

1 Like

Pretty excited about this :rocket: What do you guys think?

3 Likes

It will certainly raise the price again, which is good. AND it’s great that they are buying at these depressed prices. Often companies buy back stock when it’s near it’s top range, which is silly.
At that point it’s better to pay a dividend and save the buybacks for when the stock is depressed.

2 Likes

Like this idea!

1 Like