Be careful, dividend received is added to total gains

Just a warning…

I have mentioned this to support already, the total gained indicator does not show the gain between bought and current price but also adds any dividend received as well.
This means if you think you sell with some profit you may actually sell for a lower price than when you bought it.
This may eat your dividends received.

I have been bitten a few times, and must check the price with my Excel sheet before selling.
Hopefully this may change in the future.

6 Likes

I think everyone is aware of that

3 Likes

And ofcourse it is very logical… it’s just profit you made. But then in cash instead of stock price. I am happy BUX is doing it this way… and btw you buy a stock because it is undervalued… so that means you have a value in mind… and if the price is lower than the buying price it can’t be true that it hit your price target unless you bought it above your fair value

3 Likes

Would be great if it is like this:

From stocks:
From dividend:
From crypto

Total:

8 Likes

If you download stock events, then you see how much dividend you make with your stocks.

Here is the link

https://join.stockevents.app/U1tF

3 Likes

I would also add fix impact like euro/dollar

5 Likes

This app is maybe one of the best trackers out there tbh. You can easily add all of your assets together and see when they have earnings, pay dividends or when analysts change ratings.

The only downside is that you have to invite more people to the app to add more companies to your asset list. And of course, you need to pay for a subscription if you want to see the full stats on how diversified your portfolio is.

3 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

The gains in the portfolio overview should be capital gains (stock price) only, that is how it’s handled with every broker and the most logical way.

Dividends are separate payments which can have their own separate gain indicator.

Adding the two up into one “gains” indicator is not only confusing but also muddying up the results.

3 Likes

Disagree. Maybe you can make an extra overview how you gained it like

Fix impact
Stock rise
Dividends

But overall total reward is the good indicator imo…

2 Likes

Agreed with that one

2 Likes

2 Likes

If one likes dividend added, as it is right now, then costs should be added as well.
I could have made multiple purchases on a single stock.

Anyway, I don’t like these combinations at all.
Another one is the following example;
I purchased 100 stocks, get an dividend experation date and before paydate I add xxx stocks.
Especially when this a us stock, the average cost and value IN euro’s is not available, one has to calculate several figures to get the average.
I calculate everything to euro because this will be my actual gains at the end.
FX changes per second so there’s no use to keep USD.

3 Likes

This is Ofcourse BS

2 Likes

Question for you, if you don’t like US stocks or the FX changes, then why would you buy US stocks?

1 Like

Maybe i should not have mentioned that 2nd part i guess, this is not about US stocks or FX, it is only how it is being shown in BUX after multiple purchases.
I meant that it’s not straight forward to get the actual values like total purchase price, average stock price and costs and that some calculation is required to know these parts…, in euro’s preferably.

Sorry to hear my reply is ‘BS’

2 Likes

I do get you better now. If I right you just want to see an extra addition with some info like the Gak (in Eur) Right? I think that would be nice indeed

2 Likes

@EBK you want something like this ?

2 Likes