BUX Newsflash - 17.06.2022 🔦

Hi everyone :wave:

Welcome back to another amazing BUX bi-weekly Newsflash. It’s been a rough time for investors the last couple of days and most portfolios turned (a little bit) red.

Also, the price of Bitcoin went down again, stock markets closed lower, gas prices went up sharply, and the Federal Reserve raised interest rates by 0.75%.

Thank god we have some BUX News to share because it’s your favorite Friday of the week. So let’s dive into it :slight_smile:

• During our last BUX bi-weekly Newsflash I told you all that we were present outside the Money 20/20 event at RAI, Amsterdam. We were handing out (free) coffee to make everyone aware to wake up their savings. Visitors who scanned the special QR code had a chance of winning a free Starbucks share! :coffee:

• Last week, BUX CEO @YorickBUX joined a panel at the Money 20/20 conference: a showcase for the fastest growing and most innovative fintech companies!

• Our social media wizard @BenedettaBUX wrote a nice column again to describe her experiences with the Coffee pop-up and Italy launch! You can read it here :heart_eyes:

• Yesterday we introduced investing in fractional AEX shares in partnership with ABN AMRO Clearing. BUX clients have now the possibility of buying fractionals of Dutch companies Adyen and ASML :raised_hands:

• We will start with a new Investment Plan promo. More info will follow in the upcoming days. Keep an eye out on our social channels and BUX Community Forum :eyes:

Crypto news

• Bitcoin price fell 30% compared to its price last week and trades now around 20k :bitcoin_png:

• Ethereum price fell below $1.1K and data suggests the bottom is still a ways away :-1:

• Bitcoin tumbles after crypto lender Celsius blocks all redemptions :alien:

• Brazil’s new proposal seeks to recognize Bitcoin, crypto as Legal Financial Assets :brazil:

• CipherTrace which was acquired by Mastercard back in October 2021 released a Cryptocurrency Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Report :closed_lock_with_key:

BUX in the Media

• @Yorick was invited to De Ondernemer podcast to talk more about investing, happiness at work, and investments in start-ups and scale-ups. You can listen to the podcast here!

• Our Managing Director Salim Sebbata had the opportunity to speak at IFX last week on gamification and social trading :video_game:

• Our VP Strategy & Operations @JensBUX had a chat yesterday with Cointelegraph’s editor-in-chief Kristina Cornèr during Dublin Tech Summit Panel to discuss emerging business models in financial services :moneybag:

See you all back within two weeks with some more BUX news and cool updates. If you liked reading our bi-weekly BUX Newsflash please give it a :brown_heart: and enjoy your Friday! :partying_face:

Cheers,
Fergus

Would you rather have a job you hate with a really high salary or have a job you love with a below-average salary? :thinking:

• A job that I hate!
  • Below-average! I want to have fun
  • Idk, I don’t enjoy working at all

0 voters

9 Likes

I sure could use a high salary job right now (even if I hate it), would love to buy the dip for the coming few years! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

well done Fergus!!! Last GIF kills me :rofl:

4 Likes

High salary I’d say. It doesn’t say you can’t quite eventually and go work at the “below-average” place :wink:

5 Likes

or even better, quit eventually and go on early retirement! :wink:

3 Likes