Cybersecurity discussion

Hi everyone :wave:t4:

I wanted to open up this topic because today our superstar @Stevan will upload a special BUX Broadcast themed episode about cybersecurity on YouTube.

The reason why he wanted to do this was that he found this interesting article online in which CNBC talks about cyber warfare regarding the current situation in Ukraine.

Following his BUX Broadcast episode, he also has a few questions for you all :fire:

A lot of cybersecurity companies are suffering at the moment except for one company Leidos. Why do guys think that Leidos is an exception and moving steadily?

When you look at your own portfolio are you holding any cybersecurity companies? :thinking:

• Yes
  • No
  • Not yet, but I’m considering it

0 voters

In case you are holding cybersecurity companies in your portfolio. Which one(s) do you own? :smirk:

• Palantir
  • CrowdStrike
  • Cloudflare
  • Okta
  • Dynatrace
  • Zscaler
  • Elastic
  • Fortinet
  • Palo Alto Networks
  • Leidos
  • Others

0 voters

On BUX Zero we are also offering two cybersecurity ETFs. Which one do you have in your portfolio or are you interested in? :star_struck:

• L&G Cyber Security ETF
  • Cybersecurity and Data Privacy UCITS ETF (CYBR)

0 voters

From my personal perspective, I think that cybersecurity has huge potential but is still very related to tech companies. That’s why I think the prices have been going down for a while now as well.

Last year I decided to start a position in the L&G Cyber Security ETF. Because I’m a big fan of ETFs and find it hard to stock pick the right (cybersecurity) companies. It also saves me a lot of time analyzing individual companies.

Especially nowadays when everything happens on the internet I think it’s really important to make sure that this place will be as safe as possible and that some of these cybersecurity companies can help us with that.

Let me know what you guys think! :brown_heart:

Cheers,
Fergus

7 Likes

Thanks @Fergus! And indeed: In this week’s Broadcast I’m firing up this topic. Cyber security is hot. But the stocks are not (yet). What does the community think about this sector and the up- and downsides?

3 Likes

Why not Include orange ?

3 Likes

Why no orange :tangerine::tangerine::tangerine::tangerine::tangerine:

3 Likes

I think that Especially Cloudflare has built up a very important position on safety and stability on the internet. At this time, 19.6% of the websites on the internet use the reverse proxy services from Cloudflare.

The company’s services mainly fall within the freemium model, but more and more interesting services are added that can cause a firmer business model. Its Customers includes 17% or Fortune 500 companies, but there are also services focussed on individuals such as the Warp VPN.

I am also charmed by how Cloudflare is committed to protecting important journalism platforms against digital attacks. In this way the company really contributes to social interest, and that is a big plus.

Personally I think this sector is still looking for working earnings models, but that the internet no longer functions without their services. That is of course an interesting starting point for investors.

5 Likes

Agree, it is an interesting business! But not profitable yet and very high valued. Personally I would pick orange, it is a boring Telekom provider from France. But they do have a cybersecurity business and they have high growth in Africa, they are market leader in marocco and Algeria if I am right. They pay a stable 0,70 euro dividend per share which is about 7% yield. For a boring company it is pretty low valued compared and I think it is really cheap and a way better investment compared to crowdstrike which you 30x times the sales. And is still unprofitable

4 Likes