Earnings Season Q1 Calendar ๐Ÿ“†

Hi everyone :wave:t4:

First-Quarter earnings season is about to get started!

Here are some interesting articles that might help you understand the basics of earnings season :smiley:

Also, feel free to check out a couple of interesting companies that will present their quarterly results this week below :eyes:

Which earnings are you looking out for the most? Do you guys expect any companies to stand out?

Letโ€™s discuss this in the comments :brown_heart:

Cheers,
Fergus

4 Likes

This week :eyes:

3 Likes

Microsoft, Alphabet, Meta, Apple, Amazon.
$8.4 trillion in market cap between them โ€”> basically 50% of Nasdaq100 market cap, 22% of SP500 market cap.

Buckle up!

3 Likes

Facebook parent Meta misses earnings expectations but adds users

• Revenue: $27.9 billion versus $28.24 billion expected
  • Adjusted EPS: $2.72 versus $2.56 expected
  • Ad revenue: $27 billion versus $27.48 billion expected
1 Like

Pre market is looking good for Meta!! :sob::sob::sob:

Now Zuc can throw even more money into his childhood dream! :joy: Donโ€™t hear me complaining as an investor, as long as he doesnโ€™t forget the social media roots.

2 Likes

Hahah lucky you @Mixer! Tbh wish I had bought more Meta stocks short term. Premarket looks very promising indeed :pray:t4:

2 Likes

Although I do think the markets have been fairly overreactive about the user numbers from companies over the last few months. It feels like if user base growths with 1 user it goes up 10% and if it goes -1 it goes down -10%. :see_no_evil:

Still feel Metaโ€™s biggest problem is ad revenue going down in terms of estimates (and having no alternate revenue stream). Which makes the missed earnings fairly worrying to me.

But I hope they can have a good performance, Its not only important for them, but also for the outlook of the NASDAQ that the tech giants deliver in the coming year.

2 Likes

Haha @Mixer I completely share your thoughts this has been quite an intense earnings season so far, especially for big tech.

Btw are you an Amazon holder?

• Earnings: $7.38 per share, adjusted, vs. $8.36 expected, according to Refinitiv
  • Revenue: $116.44 billion vs. $116.3 billion expected, according to Refinitiv

Hereโ€™s how other key Amazon segments did during the quarter:

• Amazon Web Services: $ 18.44 billion vs. $18.27 billion expected, according to StreetAccount
  • Advertising: $7.88 billion vs. $8.17 billion expected, according to StreetAccount
1 Like

Yupโ€ฆ :sweat_smile:

Yesterday my whole portfolio went up 5%, seems like it will go down 5% todayโ€ฆ

Guess I have to pray to my semi conductor stocks to carry me out of this mess. :pray:

2 Likes