EDF, dividend and nationalisation issues

1. I have EDF since 2021-12-21 and wonder if the 0,28 ct is still applying to me.
    The payout was yesterday, i may be premature…
    I have hard times understanding the qualify for bonus statements and such:

(also read the pdf)

1. This morning i see a new topic about nationalisation, could this mean i lose all my stocks and value?
2 Likes

I just sold them, i can not take that chance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If the French government wants to buy EDF to have to buy out the other stakeholders. You can see it as an acquisition.

2 Likes

This may result in buying out for the current price right?
In my case it could mean a loss since i am in the red for this stock…

I took my loss anyway but still curious what happens.
In the future i could buy EDF again, dividend is ok but i simply can’t trust the government with my money is my opinion.

2 Likes

The dividend came in after all… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sigh…, i am the worst trader in the world…

2 Likes

What happened?

@EBK can happen, let it be a wise lesson. Don’t trade. Overall EDF is a beautifull company. A bit hard with such a big stakeholder. But like I said before. The French state has to buy it they can’t grab it for free. The rumours saying 11.10 per share. I am not gonna buy it though. I own their French peer Engie.

1 Like

I took a loss that day, now it got up significantly…

2 Likes

See it as an learning process

1 Like

I wasn’t really complaining, more to express my little frustration as a joke… :slight_smile:

Anyway, i am doing this since 2009 i believe, point i would like to make is that DIVERSIFICATION is important imo.
Some funds like edf, postnl, i just get sucked in to buy more.
Good dividend and what can happen right?
At that point it is easy to forget to diversify and keep buying lows.
In some cases, if not all, it’s better to buy other companies…, will i ever learn ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes