Elon Musk takes 9% stake in Twitter 👀

Hi everyone :wave:t4:

You guys have probably already read this in the news…

Outspoken Tesla CEO Elon Musk purchased a giant stake in Twitter that makes him the largest outside shareholder in the social media stock, not long after criticizing the company for failing to uphold the tenets of free speech.

What are your thoughts? Do you think that Elon did the right thing by buying a huge Twitter stake?

Full article: Twitter shares soar more than 20% after Elon Musk takes 9% stake in social media company

Are you having Twitter shares in your portfolio? :thinking:

• Yes
  • No
  • Not yet, it’s on my watch/wish list

0 voters

4 Likes

I’m not having shares in Twitter but I do like the app.

Compared to FB, Instagram or LinkedIn, Twitter is the best app to share your thoughts. Elon is a smart man, I expect him to force Twitter in making the right changes.

4 Likes

I think musk should be punished for this dirty play, a month ago he downplayed Twitter really hard, and within a month he acquired 9% stake in Twitter, I don’t know how you guys think about this but I think the SEC should punish him really hard because this is not the first time he went outside the book, money fines don’t hurt him. Probably some time in jail should be fair. (I don’t have Twitter or want a stake in Twitter)

2 Likes

Same thoughts as you mate

1 Like

What’s new here. Isn’t he doing this all the time?

4 Likes

Thats the problem, this is market manipulating on high levels and not the first time, he should learn in prison imo

3 Likes

That’s just what Davey means, this is not the first time he is manipulateing the stock market

1 Like

Welcome to MURICA!

3 Likes

You are probably the first person I see that openly claims to like Twitter! :joy:

To much politics and hate for me… :see_no_evil:

Although I did think about buying stock a year ago, Good for me that I didn’t, seeing as it still hasn’t recovered yet! :scream:

3 Likes

And now Musk has been appointed to Twitter’s board of directors:

5 Likes

Life is a joke at this point

1 Like

No Twitter for me. I do like to dogecoin…just added a shitload of doggies to my account.

2 Likes

Good breakdown of the mechanics of the Twitter-Musk deal: https://twitter.com/RMFifthCircuit/status/1519063006415568899

2 Likes

A lot of people/organizations on Twitter have fake followers. Do you guys think that Elon will delete all those spam bots and fake accounts? :thinking:

1 Like

I sure hope so, But I’m fairly sure it wont work. If companies like Meta cant solve this, I’m fairly sure twitter can also not. :sweat_smile: As long as we don’t have to use our ID to register, bots will flood everywhere (And well, that solution brings other problems with it).

Although I would like them to crack down extra hard on the crypto and NFT scams. It makes the space so obnoxious… :weary:

I don’t really mind the bots that are just payed to give follows. Its blatantly obvious who is doing it if you just check the like / comment ratio to follows. :sweat_smile: As long as they dont go spamming other people.

3 Likes

I think he uses Twitter to boost his precious Doge.

3 Likes

Maybe he will indeed

1 Like

I hope so :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Let’s hope he will

2 Likes