O man, that’s a long one to answer. So many things to look at!
- Is the idea innovative?
- What can be said about demand?
- Who is the target group?
- Where is the target group?
- How big is the market?
- Is there competition and how does your company compare?
- Is the company already profitable or will it be profitable further down the line?
- What are the backgrounds of those in the board of directors?
- How much start-up capital is required to complete their first phase(s)? And when will they be break even?
- And if it’s tech-related: Do they hold patents? Has their tech been proven to work?
The list goes on and on…
Rating start-ups is hard and risky.