If you could choose one sector

To invest in for the next decade. What would it be? Not financial advice of course.

I would choose artificial intelligence.

3 Likes

I would choose crypto. The cycles of crypto are way more volatile, but every new cycle brings substantially more mainstream adoption than the previous one. I think this trend will continue during the next decade.

3 Likes

For me a safe bet would probably be the semiconductor sector.

But I also love my Big tech stocks (Not sure if you count those as 1 sector).

And for a more risky option I would go for the crypto sector. ^^

3 Likes

Next decade i would go for the chipmakers.

3 Likes

Alphabet!

2 Likes

I would choose energy. 1 thing is sure. We cant live without energy. So it is a very save and easy sector to invest

2 Likes

I would say, food

2 Likes

Tech indeed.

Crypto is too risky.

2 Likes

Tech not risky? If you see Cathy wood’s etf no profit from 2018 till now even a loss… Ofcourse their are differences in companies… like Microsoft and tesla…

2 Likes

You always say food :heart:

3 Likes

Well yes tech but the person you refer to… Fun but i dont trust their opinions on some things

2 Likes

Agree agree, but unfortunately the fact is that she has lots of followers which only invest in tech… or maybe a saver bet. Jong beleggen de podcast almost everything tech. Like if their is no other option then tech like tech is the only thing in life

2 Likes

Well the thing is for the next decade the next development will be tech. We need and use it more. BUT there is so much risk and everything which means you can follow whom you want but most of this ladies things have been shit most of the time…

Tech will be huge yes. But not every tech company will work. Either AMD or intel or ASML will be going down once.

2 Likes

Thats what everything is saying, I do agree but not only tech everybody is like that only tech brings innovation and I do disagree big time…. Their is so much more innovation . I do invest invest in tech but well diversified and not like 80% of my wallet.

2 Likes

Tech not as risky as Crypto.

One person can tweet one coin up and down all the time. Crypto currently is the billionaire toy.

Besides, the tech industry is the most booming business at this moment. Especially since the Crypto market is the next big thing for many.

2 Likes

For me personally crypto doesn’t have any fundamentals and is uninvestable. Tech does bring innovation but their is still a lot of garbage. If you say Microsoft. A rock solid company if you say tesla… just a very hyped stock which people will loose lots of money on

3 Likes

Tbh, most innovation comes from tech, even in the other sectors.

Look at companies like Domino’s who are in the food sector, but pretty much skyrocketed as one of the biggest food chains BECAUSE they utilized tech so well (one of the first big chains to have an amazing website and amazing use of online adds).

A company like Tesla, who has singlehandedly started the race to selfdriving, and greener cars, which it does, by utilizing tech. (I would not buy it because its way to hyped, but there are definitely good reasons for this.). Lets be honest here, before Tesla, most companies in the car sector were actively trying to not innovate in order to make more profits.

The list goes on and on… I can tell you one thing, I worked for a carpet/curtain company for 6 years. and you know Tech is truly huge when small boring carpet company’s need to pay a lot of money to make their tech better. (Programmers, online advertising, websites, etc). Because that’s by far the best and most efficient way to innovate and distinguish yourself from competitors nowadays.

Tech is everywhere nowadays, small companies, big companies, startups, and the common folks. so there is good reason to say that almost all innovation comes from tech (Of course, not everything).

You need Tech in pretty much all sectors nowadays in order to innovate.

2 Likes

Because I like food!

2 Likes

I agree, that’s why I invest in tech aswel but that’s also the big part… we had zoom… big innovation and then 2 months later Microsoft…. Just smacked the shot out of zoom…. You did see the innovation but got the wrong stock. That’s a huge risk…. Their is without Microsoft no company before 2000 (maybe Samsung) which is a big market player for such a long time. IBM is small Cisco is small… and the big companies like apple and alphabet they started to be big around 2010 or something like that… just over 10 years. That’s not long especially if you compare it with huge mastodonts like shell and nestle

2 Likes