Lyxor Chinese Stocks ETF is not an ETF?

Hey Bux, one of the recent additions to the ETF section in the app is the Chinese Stocks ETF by Lyxor. When opening the description however, it clearly states this is not an ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) but an ETC (Exchange Traded Commodity), which as I understand is a different type of product altogether.

Could you specify the difference and perhaps change the name in the app so as to not confuse people who are looking for an actual ETF of Chinese stocks?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Yohhst,

Can you provide a screenshot perhaps? When I look up this ETF in our app I do not see ‘ETP’ anywhere in the description. This would be an entirely different legal structure indeed. Please let me know so I can investigate and rectify if necessary.

1 Like

Hi, this is from the Dutch language version of the app. The ETC is mentioned at the bottom. It wouldn’t surprise me if it is not a normal ETF too because as mentioned in the description it’s Chinese stocks that are normally only traded within China. That part got me confused too.

2 Likes

Hi @Yohhst,

Looks like our product team made a typo or mistake there. I will ask them to correct it asap, thank you for pointing this out. I can confirm however that this is a normal ETF with a classic ETF legal structure. You can always find this information on the website of the issuer of the ETF when you search for the ISIN, in this case Lyxor Hwabao WP MSCI China A (DR) UCITS ETF - Acc | CNAA FP.

2 Likes