Product suggestion: trailing stop-loss

As the title suggests, I would like to see this feature being added to Bux zero.

Hi @Redizio, thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestion! I checked with some of the developers and, we do realize this is a gap, but unfortunately we don’t think this feature will be included in the near-term. We are prioritizing other features on the roadmap as for now, but I’d say it’s definitely something we would like to add in the long-term future.
Thank you again for your comment and please keep on sharing your suggestions! :muscle:

3 Likes

Why a stop loss on long term plays? That makes me curious

1 Like

Hi @DaveyV19, we understand that the trailing stop-loss is an handy feature and we do consider adding it. The only reason why we are not doing it in the short-term is that we currently have other features on the roadmap that we think have more priority. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really do agree with that! I think a stop loss is not a must in a long term investing app, could be usefull for stryk but not for zero, I would like to see the LSE and the SWX and maybe an investment pie

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @DaveyV19! For both the LSE and SWX there is a bit of development work needed (to make it possible to use the British pound and Swiss franc). We are already thinking about the LSE, so hopefully it’s not too long before that opens up the UK markets to BUX Zero, but the Swiss market could be a bit further off.

Talking about stop loss - we of course offer limit orders where you can set your buy/sell limit (I know they currently expire each day, this is also something on our list to improve).

2 Likes

Lovely! That’s very nice to hear. Personally for me the most important thing is that a broker is cheap and they lat They are expanding their product offering (more exchanges etc.) Ofcourse “het maandelijkse beleggingsplan” is Nice but it doesn’t add much value to me personally. I consider those things more like a nice to have then a must. And I think most of the costumers rather loves to see more exchanges and stocks then additions to the app. The app is already amazing👌 Ofcourse nothing is perfect but this app is close to it

3 Likes

I don’t consider Bux as a long term investing app as long as automatic TOB isnt sorted out for Belgians. If you are buying and selling on the app you constantly need to be busy with sorting out taxes for dividens etc. Long term plays in my book are ‘set it and forget it’ type plays. Btw I do agree that Bux is the cheapest broker in Belgium atm. But if you buy into basic etfs/funds via kbc, belfius etc the costs are actually pretty ok considering your not buying like 10 euros worth. All in all I think it’s pretty clear that Bux is more targeted towards younger people who are getting into investing or crypto. The UI is very gamified and thus I only use Bux as a speculative trading platform, crypto, speculative stocks, riding up channels would be made easier with trailing stoploss.
Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

Thanks again for your feedback @Redizio. I do understand that the automatic TOB would be ideal. I think we mentioned this in one of the previous convo’s, but FYI our teams at BUX are currently working on it. I can not provide a specific date unfortunately, but we hope that soon the TOB will be automatic also with BUX Zero! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hi @Redizio, as you might be already aware of, the automatization of the TOB is live from today ! Don’t forget to update your App. If you do not update your app, then the order review screen for future trades will not be accurate. You will not see the tax as part of your order amount, but it will be charged. :slight_smile: