Robinhood IPO

Hi everyone :wave:t4:

You guys have probably already read the news but Robinhood is going public today!

About Robinhood :crossed_swords:

Robinhood Markets Inc is a financial service platform that was founded in 2013 with a mission to “democratize investing for all”. It has built a user-friendly service to give people access to the financial markets via a commission-free trading mobile app.

Half of Robinhood’s customers are novice American investors and many opened their accounts in the past year. Robinhood gained a lot of popularity during the pandemic as many people were home and were sitting on stimulus cheques they thought might be put to better use in a brokerage account. As of March 31, 2021, the company had 18 million funded accounts, up from 12.5 million at the end of 2020.

In the past year Robinhood had also to deal with a couple of controversies. For example they were involved in a trading outage scandal which resulted in a massive customer backlash. They also had feuds with two of the world’s most famous investors, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger. Robinhood also faces 49 class action lawsuits and three individual actions in federal and state courts relating to the early 2021 trading surge.

Expectations :crystal_ball:

The Menlo Park, California-based company is seeking a valuation of up to $35bn as it aims to price its shares between $38 and $42 apiece.

Stats :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Users: 18 million
Revenue in 2020: $959 million
Profit in 2020: $7.5 million
Mar-21 quarter revenue: $522.2 million
Ticker symbol: HOOD

Interesting to read :open_book:

Do you think that Robinhood will be an interesting stock? :bar_chart:

• Yes
  • No
  • Idk, yet

0 voters

The market is open in the US but can’t buy it on the app yet…? Is it available later today or next week…?

1 Like

We need to run a test first, will be available after! :smiley:

So hopefully within a couple hours :innocent:

1 Like

Heb gisteren nog gekocht maar aandeel ging toch weer flink naar beneden…afwachten maar.

2 Likes

Ja hij is spannend maar hij staat tot nu toe nog

$65 (84.92% Upside)

Source Nasdaq

Stort hij nu helemaal in of is er nog hoop :worried:

1 Like

It can go into any direction now. I looked on BUX and the recent 5 days it only dropped. It probably goes down to a price where investors feel more safe to use it. Might even go to the 30-35 range i think.

But i know Robinhood is quite popular in some places, meaning it might reach 50 or so by the end of the year.

2 Likes

My thoughts are quite the same as yours. Robinhood is quite popular ! So maybe they will reach $50 at the end of the year. It

2 Likes