Royal Dutch Shell (RDSA)

Royal Dutch Shell is a British-Dutch multinational oil and gas company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands, and incorporated in the United Kingdom as a public limited company.

It is one of the oil and gas “supermajors” and, measured by 2020 revenues, the fifth-largest company in the world, the largest based in Europe, and the largest not based in either China or the United States.

Shell is vertically integrated and is active in every area of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, refining, transport, distribution and marketing, petrochemicals, power generation, and trading. It also has renewable energy activities, including biofuels, hydrogen and wind. Shell has operations in over 70 countries, produces around 3.7 million barrels of oil equivalent per day and has around 44,000 service stations worldwide.

What can we share and discuss on this topic?

• News
  • Quarterly and annual figures
  • Management interviews
  • Analyst reports and price targets
  • Market developments regarding the company

Never sell Shell

3 Likes
1 Like

Well, it’s good that Shell is buying back it’s own stock. Personally I’d liked it more if they held off on the dividend increase and used that money first to buy back even more stock as the price is still depressed ~40% from last year. Now is the ideal time to buy back stock, not in 1-2 years.

That being said, a dividend increase is obviously also welcome as it provides direct income, rather then future income.

I did fully analyse Q2 and it is really good, 3B less debt 100B left and 34B cash so net debt still 66B a decrease of 7B is really good, furthermore bigger revenue but less profit. A good equity raise. And 0,24 dollar dividend Qaurterly which is 4,74% dividend on this stock price. And Share buy backs. It was a very good Q2 for shareholders

Iemand ieder wanneer het dividend word overgemaakt naar het account?

Payment date is 20/09 if I’m not mistaken.

For Dutch stocks you can check https://www.dividendinfo.nl/ for ex- and payment- dates.

1 Like

Aaaaaah thnx @Jim zag op stock events 21/8 maar dat zou ik ongetwijfeld verkeerd hebben gezien

@Jim is right. September 20th.

Source: Dividend timetable | Shell Global

1 Like

Allright, noted

NOS: Shell bouwt fabriek voor biobrandstof in Pernis.

1 Like
2 Likes

What do you think, guys? If you already has Shell within an etf, does it have sence to buy shell-shares apart?

1 Like

It’s really up to you of course. I would always diversify my portfolio properly. @Fergus wrote a topic about it some time ago, might be interesting for you:

Make sure you wont be overexposed to any stock. If you have already set up a diversified portfolio and you’d like some extra exposure to Shell, it wont hurt I guess.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Depends how much shell you want in your portfolio With an etf it is not more than 0,5% but if you want 5% Shell sure it is a good option just keep in mind that you have already 0,5% in the etf

2 Likes

Such an annoying investing company…. I don’t like the way how they want to make money! I love Shell the way it is now!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Amazing Q4 for shell.

~85 B revenue
~11,6 B net income (Mainly gas division)
~8,5 B share buyback program (5,5B from Permian base sell)
8 B debt reduction to 89 B
Cash position 36 B
0,24 dollar dividend per share

Mind blowing quarter from Shell PLC

What do you think?

2 Likes

Very happy with the result, hopefully the market will react properly to it too.

The buyback program is a good thing since the stock price is still artificially depressed, but I also think they could have raised the dividend which will inherently give the stock price a boost.
Perhaps at a lower real cost.

2 Likes