Share your favorite investing book(s)! 📚

Hi everyone :wave:t4:

I thought that it would be nice to make a topic where we can all share our favorite investing books. I made a start by sharing my favorite English and Dutch investing books. Feel free to add more books to the list in the comments! :brown_heart:

Benjamin Graham - The intelligent investor
Maybe the most classic book about investing, written by the man who taught Warren Buffett. Originally written 50 years ago, and it is still relevant. Everything you need to know about value investing.

Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad Poor Dad
This book is a must have If you want to have a financial wake-up call. It’s focussing a lot on the US financial system/market.

Scott Rieckens - Playing with Fire
Follows the author’s decision to follow FIRE and his ups and downs including trying to get his wife on board, dealing with friends and family views on FIRE.

Kristy Shen - Quit like a millionaire
A powerful and inspirational story about the author growing up poor and leaving poverty behind. This book is very US and Canada centered.

Janneke Willemse - Blondjes beleggen beter :netherlands:
This book is a very valuable handbook for anyone who wants to take his or her first steps on the stock market but does not yet know exactly how the world of investing works and could use some guidance.

Oeds-Jan Postma - Miljonair met een gewone baan :netherlands:
A must read for anyone who is not aware of his/her money habits and wants to get started with investing.

Hendrik Oude Nijhuis - Leer beleggen als Warren Buffett :netherlands:
This book will give you more substantive insight into long-term investing. It’s fairly approachable to read and there is content on how best to approach an investment according to Warren Buffet.

6 Likes

The little book that still beats the market is ook echt geweldig !

2 Likes

I’d like to add One Up On Wall Street. Peter Lynch is my biggest influence next to Warren Buffett.

1 Like

I’d like to add one

The Zurich Axioma’s

A book about swiss bankers and the rules/axioma’s they use to invest on the stock market.

1 Like

One of my favorites: The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing

The book is about the ideas of John C. Bogle, the founder of Vanguard. Very simple and solid concepts about investing.

There is also a wiki with a useful summary; Bogleheads® investment philosophy for non-US investors - Bogleheads

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing @ticker I’m definitely going to check out John Bogle’s ideas! And congrats on your first post btw! :grin:

I’m currently reading the $100 startup by Chris Guillebeau. It’s not really a book about ‘investing’ but it gives you a clear vision of how you can start your own business :moneybag:

Claude Cueni, The Great Gambler.
More about the historie of paper money. Written like a novel.

Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Black Swan.
Still on my reading list though.

2 Likes

What about the black swan from nassin Nicholas taleb? It is highly rated. I didn’t read it yet, but I am gonna read/listen it yet. Do you know which of the books above are mentioned on storytel? Cause I am thinking about to start using it.

1 Like

Ik heb het voor je opgezocht man.

Black Swan staat op storytel & the little book that still beats the market.

Verder heb ik ze niet opgezocht. Maar op zich niet verkeerd !

1 Like

Top! @Cornel ik ga ze beluisteren!

Moet je heel even snel op internet kijken of de rest er ook op staat

1 Like

Anything by Peter Lynch, he has a very relaxed style of writing, it’s very informal and entertaining to read.

Rich Dad Poor Dad is good for the actual train of through within it. The author gets called a liar for supposedly making up the entire story but whether or not he did, is completely irrelevant. The actual information and thoughts within is still very valid even if the story itself is made up.

Benjamin Graham - The Intelligent Investor is also a good one although more “formal” then the books by Peter Lynch.

2 Likes