What would you choose

Hello everybody.

The @Aandeel topic gave me ideas. I would like to make a topic about different sections of companies and what you would choose. I would like to kick off with part 1 fast moving consumer goods

• Nestlé
  • Unilever
  • Pepsico
  • Procter & gamble
  • L’oreal

0 voters

Let me know what you would pick and why.

I will give a short story about every company

Nestlé (biggest name in Europe with products like nespresso and KitKat)
Unilever (big player with brands like dove and axe
Pepsico (USA with brands like Pepsi and lays)
Procter & gamble (best Margins with products like Gilette and dreft)
L’Oréal (fastest grower with brands like L’Oréal maybeline and garnier)

I didn’t select Coca-cola cause I consider it as a different company.

6 Likes

Good idea!

I would choose Nestle because they are big in Infant formula. Furthermore, they have brands that are well known worldwide. Also, Nestle is one of the biggest producers of bottled water. Here not necessary, but in other parts of the world very important.

I have shares in Danone and Unilever as well.

The other brands I’m not familiar with. I do would like to invest in fmcg in the USA. I just don’t know where to start.

3 Likes

@Aandeel, I agree. Full disclosure I am shareholder of nestle. I think they are the strongest company. They are indeed big in infant food and bottled water, but the biggest business are actually coffee and pet food. If I am right they are biggest in chocolate coffee and pet care. I saw your topic about diversifying your wallet. I would consider different business in different sections and countries. I think their is 1 company the best in their business so would you invest in a company that is in your opinion less good

2 Likes

@DaveyV19
Thnks for your advice. I’m trying to read as much as possible to make the best investments decisions. I prefer not to sell the shares, I’m the type to hold on for the long term. I see that PepsiCo is popular as well. Maby I will look into that one.

3 Likes

Pepsico is indeed a lovely stock, might be a bit overvalued, if you like pepsico I think you love p&g a bit less food but more body care, like Gilette and head and shoulder, it has way greater margins and is more profitable… it is also the biggest company of those two. It has also brands like dreft and pampers. Especially the last one is very high profitable.

4 Likes

Everything for babies is profitable. Alo amazing how they market chips and cookies for babies like something healthy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I put P&G on my buy list.

3 Likes

Even though I like Unilever I have a feeling it’s adrift at the moment. Reorganization and activist investors.

4 Likes

Morning! Good choice, P&G is an moneymagnet

3 Likes
  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • Paypal
  • American express
  • Adyen
  • Square

0 voters

Hello everybody,

I think it is time for a new poll, this time I picked a very popular sector, Fintech.

Let us know what you choose and why

3 Likes

Feel free to insert your own poll people! The more the better. This time I pick delivery companies. What will you choose?

• Deutsche Post
  • UPS
  • FedEx
  • PostNL
  • Bpost
  • Other

0 voters

Tell us why you picked it🤙

3 Likes

Bpost :joy:

3 Likes

Je weet maar nooit met de Belgen… miss echte liefhebbers ofzo

3 Likes

HAHAHA lol :joy:

2 Likes

American Express want Warren Buffet is een fan. :rofl:
Square ken ik niet. Adyen is superduur voor een Nederlands bedrijf.
De rest ken ik eigenlijk niet goed genoeg.

4 Likes

PostNL betaalt dit jaar een monsterdividend. Ik kies daarom voor PostNL. Wel slechte publiciteit afgelopen periode mbt de Belgische branch.
Iets versturen met Deutsche post is wel stukken goedkoper dan PostNL.
Belgische post/internet/telefoon heb ik altijd het idee dat ze 10 jaar achterlopen op NL.

3 Likes

Why PostNL? Only because you get a bigger dividend? Postnl isn’t stable.

1 Like

Hahahaha helemaal mee eens. Bpost loopt ook idd achter. Weet wel over het dividend dat het niet sustainable is. Dus het dividend word wss wel 25% verlaagd. Ook krimpt PostNL met Ong 20% tov vorig jaar terwijl Deutsche post gewoon doorgroeit. Maar PostNL heeft idd een leuk dividend!!! En idd België lijkt me een vervelend probleem

2 Likes

Oké oké, square is het moederbedrijf van afterpay. Adyen is idd duur. Ik vond axp ook top. Ze zijn toch meer voor de gefortuneerde klanten. Dus minder gevoelig voor inflatie bovendien zijn ze gigantisch in SME (MKB)

2 Likes

Chasing high yield is very rarely a good idea, keep that in mind. You might get a good dividend yield but very frequently these stocks drop in price making all the gains in dividends irrelevant.

Focus on companies that pay a reliable and growing dividend which also have a growing share price over the years.

4 Likes

This time in the picture… Pharma companies

• Abbvie
  • Sanofi
  • Merck
  • Bayer
  • Novartis
  • Pfizer
  • Other

0 voters

2 Likes