Which stock is your guilty pleasure (and why?)

Can’t add much more to that. The title says it all. What’s your guilty pleasure? Concerning stocks…of course :wink:

1 Like

I have a feeling we’ll see a lot of NIO mentions here … :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What do you think of Amazon? Very high (+3000), but can it grow much higher than this?

1 Like

Amazon is and will be rising for more time i think, the only problem is that starters or new people can’t afford it. Like one share is more expensive than one year of studying here in The Netherlands.

One thing that might help them has been spoken of in other chats, sharing your share. So that one for the value of about 3000 is being shared with about 5 to 10 people. I think that it might be able to grow more and more people might invest since it gets into their pricerange.

In sharing there is also quite some risk involved and the pro’s might not share investments but for the new folk it is more likely to participate.

Amazon will be growing for a long time, a lot of people order from it around the world and still amazon is expanding its range all over te world market. In some parts of Europe it is new but it gets bigger and bigger. Also when something bad might happen i see a possibility Amazon can survive a big blast.

2 Likes

Insane right? I think it can. But it will become less and less accessable for small scale investors to hop in on that stock. So I think the growth will slow down a bit.

My guilty pleasure is PBF Energy. There are not many certainties in life, but there are two: the sun will shine again, and PBF Energy will make some crazy jumps. That stock can go to the moon and back in a week, and recover the week after. It’s exciting! The potential of the stock lies somewhere between 30-35 dollars, and due to low oil demand it’s currently at 14 dollars. However, I’ve already seen 8 and I’ve seen 18 in less than 3 months. So, you’ll regularly see it in the day’s biggest losers or winners in the BUX Zero app. In the end though, it’s very likely that this will recover to a level around 30 dollars once demand increases and all these covid-worries are gone.

So basically, if you want an exciting (recovery) winner in your portfolio, I recommend PBF Energy :smiley:.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

For next posts, please keep in mind the community Rules and refrain from talking about specific targets and price levels. Thank you!

1 Like

I tend to have a rational approach when selecting stocks, I think this is the only way to be successful in this game.

I do, however, have a soft spot for the Oil Majors. I have worked in the offshore business plus I like the historic romance of owning such a stock. From a rational point of view I know the oil world has had its top and society desperately wants an energy transition. Which I applaud by the way.

Oil Majors have performed great last year, so having a soft spot is not necessarily fatal for your portfolio, luckily, :grimacing:

1 Like

Ja ik denk idd ook dat het lastig is om hierin te stappen, vanwege de hoge instapkosten voor een aandeel. Maar denk ook wel, mocht je de mogelijkheden hebben om nog in te stappen, dat je hier op langere termijn flink profijt van kunt hebben. Zeker ook wat je zegt, omdat Amazon een eventuele crisis of negatieve economische vooruitzichten makkelijker kan overleven.

1 Like

My Guilty ones are not very expensive, BAM and ING. Since i have them (about 3 months) they both went up for at least 25%. It ain’t much for the shortterm but longterm they can be quite valuable.

Its like the cheapest place on Monopoly but when you give it time to grow it is very scary for someone else to go there, because for me it can bring some income.

1 Like

My guilty pleasure at the moment is GE, it was beaten down severely (and rightfully so) but I honestly think with the current CEO it is a ripe candidate for a turnaround story.
I’ve bought shares a good while ago, afterwards it dipped further and stayed down for quite a long time and now I’m quite far in the green again.

Will be holding on to it for a while as the turnaround is far from finished.

1 Like

Great choice, I think. Many people overlook GE at the moment, but like you said: great potential. It’s also part of my portfolio. Although it does sound like you got in before me, haha. Some green so far, but not much yet.

Apart from a position in Nokia (I liked the phones and I like the stock :smile:), another guilty pleasure is typing in ‘5’ in the search bar in BUX Zero, so it displays all the stocks < €5. Then checking out the cheap stuff and hitting the buy button occasionally.

3 Likes

Alright. Sold PBF Energy. I have a new guilty pleasure: AST SpaceMobile (NASDAQ:ASTS). :grin:
Because who doesn’t want to be able to call their mother-in-law from anywhere on the globe? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sony. They are no longer in their glory days but still love them.

Nike! I just love the brand :grin: Always been a fan of their commercials, especially during the 2006 World Cup. I remember that they had their Joga Bonito campaigns running all over Itunes and national TV.

1 Like

My Guilty pleasure is Alstom I think! As a student pilot I always have had a crush on big things like airplanes but trains as well. Alstom is producing big things (for example TGV) ofcourse I fancy boeing, I don’t have it in my wallet cause I think aviation is a special sector with lots of love but as a investor it is really a bad place to be, that’s why I pick Alstom and soon maybe Canadian national railway

1 Like